Pillbury's Party Fun- Crunchy Veggie Dip

This recipe is a variation of the infamous Knorr Spinach Dip. I really love that dip. When I have some leftover I use it as a sandwich spread and more than once it was the sandwich filling. This version is from a little Pillsbury supermarket booklet Party Fun published in 1987. I suppose you could make this with low-fat versions. One time I made the classic spinach dip with low fat sour cream and nonfat mayonnaise and it was OK but not as flavorful. I think that was the fault of the fake mayonnaise not the sour cream.

Crunchy Veggie Dip

1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
1/4 oz.. package dry vegetable soup mix
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover; refrigerate several hours to blend flavor. Serve with assorted vegetable dippers, chip or cracker. 3 1/2 cups.

No comments: